There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Monroe, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual air conditioner service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners solely associate air conditioner service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly cooling bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Lanz Furnace and Fireplace technician drops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Monroe. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is correct for your system, give the pros at Lanz Furnace and Fireplace a call at 608-291-3606 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.