It appears like a bang-up deal: Buy this furnace, and we’ll give you an AC for free!
Who doesn’t enjoy things that are free, right?
Companies that dangle enticing deals like buying a furnace and getting an air conditioner for free usually make customers believe they're going to hit the jackpot. But, it's important to evaluate these offers carefully. In many cases, what looks like a great deal at first may not be so good in the long run. Unscrupulous companies might boost the prices of their products or add hidden costs to make up for the discount they're promoting.
There’s the saying: there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Well, in the HVAC industry, there aren’t very many air conditioners that are really free when it's all over.
Beware of the Not-So-Free AC
A so-called "free" AC could come at the expense of shelling out for higher installation fees or having to sign up for expensive supplementary services. It's very important for consumers to carefully evaluate the overall cost and terms before falling for such advertisements. One way to protect yourself is to get a second opinion from another HVAC company, such as Lanz Furnace and Fireplace, and do a comparison of prices of the entire installation.
Here are some of the ways a “free” AC could come back to haunt your finances
- Inflated product prices: Some companies may boost the cost of their services and products to compensate for the "free" AC or service they're offering. This can make the overall cost of the contract much higher than it first appears.
- Unseen installation fees: While the air conditioner may technically be free, you may encounter unforeseen installation charges that are not clearly stated in the original offer. These fees can greatly increase the full cost of the system.
- Mandatory added services: To make up for the cost of the purportedly free item they are giving you, companies may require customers to sign up for additional services or plans at embellished prices. These kinds of things can quickly add up.
- Push for premium upgrades: Companies sometimes will pressure customers to upgrade components of the HVAC system at a higher cost, making claims of enhanced performance or better efficiency. These upgrades may not be necessary or supply much value for when their cost is factored in.
- Warranty limitations: Although the original offer may include warranties, some companies might enforce restrictions or add exclusions to the promotion that restrict the coverage. Customers might need to pay extra for extended warranties or face unexpected expenses if issues arise.
Don’t Fall for False Promotions. Go with a Reputable HVAC Company
When it comes to purchasing a furnace, it's crucial to prioritize reliability and quality instead of supposedly free offers. Instead of being lured by extravagant marketing gimmicks, it is wiser to partner with a reputable company.
What are the indicators of a reputable HVAC service provider? The company will have a strong track record in the industry, backed up by good customer reviews. It also will have required certifications and licenses, which indicates it follows industry standards and regulations.
How does a reputable HVAC provider handle pricing? It will have clear and fair pricing, without hidden charges or inflated costs.
For Reliable, Honest HVAC Installation in Monroe, Choose Lanz Furnace and Fireplace
At Lanz Furnace and Fireplace, we take pride in giving our customers trustworthy and high-quality HVAC service in Monroe. Whether you are looking for furnace installation or are seeking a second opinion, our team is dedicated to providing outstanding support and service for all your heating and cooling needs.
Our knowledgeable technicians are skilled in their craft and furnished with the latest tools and technology to ensure efficient and precise installations. We focus on customer satisfaction, and our helpful staff members are always ready to answer any questions. When you work with Lanz Furnace and Fireplace, you can rest easy you'll get superb service from an HVAC company that really cares about your comfort.
Call 608-291-3606 today for your free, no-obligation estimate.