Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Monroe is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Lanz Furnace and Fireplace constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning in the heat.
- First, another time to recall the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These simple steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you would like to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace in Monroe at 608-291-3606 today.