During the cold Monroe months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Lanz Furnace and Fireplace will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace right away if you observe any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Lanz Furnace and Fireplace can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace at 608-291-3606 or arrange an appointment with us online.