When it’s frigid in Monroe you depend on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been some time since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair visit in your future. Even if your system seems to be working well, you likely need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you may have to have a furnace repair. The sooner you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like Lanz Furnace and Fireplace.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You could have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but haven’t noticed it feeling any warmer? This could signal a few particular problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your space.
4. Your electric bill keeps climbing. Your usage is steady but your bill keeps climbing. This could signal a few different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water collecting around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to repair.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The pros at Lanz Furnace and Fireplace will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.