As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Monroe? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is recently installed or was running well last year.
Here’s one approach to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never expect to request any work for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can fail.
Having your system examined annually by a Lanz Furnace and Fireplace professional can help find small troubles before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is located outside, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to maintain intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect inside your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can create elevated energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy expenses and over the long run, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint small issues before they become large, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly inspect parts and perform a series of cooling performance checks. These detailed processes often allow us to locate problems before they become extensive troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is set to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A premium AC tune-up should have a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll check the ensuing spots and components:
- Complete unit condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Lanz Furnace and Fireplace
Today is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Lanz Furnace and Fireplace pros a ring at 608-291-3606 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.