As spring rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Monroe? Particularly if your AC unit is up-to-date or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Lanz Furnace and Fireplace pro can help spot minor issues before they lead to large breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps spot little problems before they turn into big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a set of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find issues before they turn into extensive troubles that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your AC is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC service should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and components:
- Overall equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Lanz Furnace and Fireplace
Now is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Lanz Furnace and Fireplace pros a shout at 608-291-3606 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.