People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. In addition to keeping you in touch with work and friends, your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can be hard to keep up with, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system over a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone from anyplace, including work or a vacation destination to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your patterns and routines by knowing where you are. This type of thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature as needed.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more accessible and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to start researching them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide choice of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer you many benefits to maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace in Monroe at 608-291-3606. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.