Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Monroe during the cooler months, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Lanz Furnace and Fireplace will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks correct, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace at 608-291-3606 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.