Having regular air conditioning service done at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Monroe summer, have the specialists at Lanz Furnace and Fireplace conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be done during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We suggest taking a look at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Lanz Furnace and Fireplace today at 608-291-3606.