Make your life less difficult—start preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures turn up. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its maximum efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic increase in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system in top shape with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Lanz Furnace and Fireplace expert each year. This is critical to keep your unit working for a long time to come. The technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and keep an eye out for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the advantages a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your AC, which can cut off airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for serious repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Lanz Furnace and Fireplace service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your usual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters on a monthly basis and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Lanz Furnace and Fireplace team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.